Zeratuls Sorceress Write Up

The place for discussions, thoughts, ideas, or even mindless chatter. Everyone is welcome.
Twystyd
A Salty Surprise

Zeratuls Sorceress Write Up

Postby Twystyd » Wed Aug 13, 2008 3:57 pm

I don't target tanks on my Sorc as it is a waste of time especially if he has a pocket healer. Since 3.2 I told people resists were broken and not functioning properly. With the removal of the sorc crit tactic coming in the next push sorc damage will be lowered. Dark Magic/Combustion is a good mechanic but it needs a few tweaks, perhaps the damage you receive can be lowered a bit OR simply make the dump spell insta cast, I think mine is 2 seconds and I hardly ever use it because 2 seconds is crucial for this class.

The Sorc get a single target line, a dot line, and an AoE line similar to the BW. I have tried the single target and dot line and here is what I think. The Single Target line is where people are seeing the 2k crits, I can build up my DM( dark magic) to give me 80%-100% crit and hit 2k Doom Bolts, 1.3k Gloom Bursts (.5 sec or 1 sec cast DD on a 5 sec cd). This line is pretty much wash rinse repeat, spam the same 2-3 may 4 spells over and over again. The problem here is the main nuke, Doom Bolt is a 3 sec cast........

The Dot line is my favorite because of the mobility that it offers but it needs some work, first off dots need to have the time extended by a 7 sec minimum do the global cool down on all spells. I cast one dot, wait 1.5 secs to cast another, then wait 1.5 secs to cast another, etc. Shit gets old pretty fast. We get a spec dot that has a 2 sec cast and does damage to the target and any targets within 20 feet of it. We get a base line insta dot that we can spam that does decent damage for 15 seconds, we get a spec life tap insta dot on a 20 sec cd that is currently broken as it does not heal you lulz. We then get a spec channeled dot that does 450(norm)-750(crit) that is pretty nuts. We also get a baseline 3x stackable dot that goes off after 10 seconds that does pretty good damage and can crit as high as 3k. The problem with that spell is that you have to stack it 3 times and each cast has to respect the global cd.

Now for the bad:

Our root sucks, it's our only means for defense, if a melee reaches me I am DEAD no matter what. As Ting said you could 2 or 3 pocket healers and it does not matter, you are going to die. Our root breaks on ANY damage, a dot tick, a melee white hit, or a sneeze. The shit breaks too easily. We have little to no hp. At 32 in the full pvp gear I have 4492 hp. We have no CC, Mythic said they wanted to keep CC out of the game because not being able to fight is no fun, well getting reamed by a tank and having no mean to escape is not fun either. I am all for Melee DPS killing me, they are supposed to but when TANKS are running around killing everyone because they can dish out so much damage and ABSORB so much something is seriously broken and I hope Mythic realizes that.

There is no Runic Shield/bubble for this class, there is no Mastery of Concentration that I could pop as a last ditch effort to kill a tank who's on me, there is no Blink(lol did I just reference WoW). Once a melee gets to you, you're going to die.

The primary role of this class will be in keep siege/defense. As much as I would love to see this class be a key factor in 6v6 setup it won't because it will be dead 10 seconds into the battle. I will be playing this class upon release and will more than likely have a Black Orc or Chosen as my 6v6 runner if things don't change as far as caster defense goes.
Although detractors decry (MMA) as a brutal, bloody form of human cockfighting, aficionados know it is a brutal, bloody, totally fucking awesome form of human cockfighting. -The Onion

I don't know the question, but sex is definitely the answer. -Woody Allen

Zeratulx
Pathetic Chode

Postby Zeratulx » Mon Aug 25, 2008 1:08 pm

Now that resists have been worked out I have to say the Sorceress is simply amazing. This is the glass cannon. I can destroy people from afar if I play my class correctly but one slip up can lead to me becoming road kill. We still lack defense but what pure dps caster in any mmo doesn't?

The Dhar Magic mechanic still remains the same, gain Dhar from casting spells, after obtaining a certain amount of Dhar you gain +crit and damage to your spells all while being able to have the Dhar back fire and damage you. The Dhar dump is a 1 sec cast spell, would still prefer it to be .5 sec or instant but what ever.

I feel one key thing that will give this class some defense from a RvR perspective is aside from having a 30 ft. pbae root, to have a single target 50 foot root that lasts 5-6 seconds that shares DR with the pbae root, at least that give us a a little more defense.

Now as far as direct damage goes, you will do it, and you will do it WELL. You can spec for AoE and put out some serious hurt as well or you can spec for dots if you like to let your prey suffer before they die. One thing to keep in mind is that when you put a spec point into a tree that increases the damage of the spells relevant to that tree.

Overall if you're looking to play a class similar to a Rune Master from DAOC this is it, sadly we don't get a runic bubble though. Once a Melee whether it a be tank, mdps, or a stealther reaches you unless you have healers on you or a tank guarding you, you're going to die pretty damn fast but on the other side of the coin if you are left alone you can pretty much obliterate anyone who you come across from afar.
DAOC - WoW - AoC - WAR - Aion - Rift - GW - SW:TOR - GW2

Zera Targaryen - 80 Mesmer
Zera Giantsbane - 80 Thief
Zera Plaguewind - 80 Necro

Return to “Public Discussion”