so.. whats it going to be? Order or Destruction?

The place for discussions, thoughts, ideas, or even mindless chatter. Everyone is welcome.

Order or Destruction? Open field RvR or Core?

Order Open field
0%
Order Core
0%
Destruction Open Field
0%
Destruction Core
100%

Total votes: 1350

barbos
Cock Clown

Postby barbos » Wed Aug 13, 2008 5:18 pm

Hall wrote:But I guess it seems that BWC is dead so to speak in game wise then. Ah well we had a good run.

Pretty much... noone is interested in leading it :huh:

Tingtong
Ass Jammer

Postby Tingtong » Wed Aug 13, 2008 5:19 pm

Just remember barbos a guild name means nothing without the people who stand behind it. Elf asked us if he could write something up with the BWC name and we all agreed. He lost in the newsletter but we all got invited into guild beta because of it.

Am I correct?

I don't remember elf specifically asking or applying to guild beta as the BWC GM or spokesman. I think we all applied for an equal chance to get into beta and he was sole contributor in making it happen.

Since he had no intentions of leading the BWC chapter in BETA the keys were passed to BWC core members as well as their friends. The Majority decided to roll as EF. I think it's safe to say we all really didn't care what the guild name was, only that we played together and had the opportunity to play beta. Since 2/3rds of the keys went to EF AOC members thats the way the cookie crumbled.

Candide
Tripped Off the Short Bus

Postby Candide » Wed Aug 13, 2008 5:27 pm

barbos wrote: Several keys were never eligible to be used because mythic never sent the invites (probably system specs?)

Off topic, but this pisses me off. I know MOsthula got a key that doesn't work. His system blows mine away. They basically just shrugged their shoulders and said "oh well". He asked to release the key or give a new one, and they said no.
Venderic, Candide or Mercutio in games.

Tingtong
Ass Jammer

Postby Tingtong » Wed Aug 13, 2008 5:30 pm

Hall wrote:You got to remember the whole Daoc X2 was when some people wanted to roll Albs and you wanted to have the Advantage of mid. It could have easily gone 1 side alb 1 side mid. But no one could agree which server to go to and no compromise was ever met. As I remember you winded up rerolling to albs anyway down the road so the point is moot.

But I guess it seems that BWC is dead so to speak in game wise then. Ah well we had a good run.

We Rerolled gareth alb after the lamo 8v8 fallout, then also rolled hibs for the ector merger with bossiney. Best time in DAOC for me by far was on classics.

I dunno if your a late comer to the party but BWC name has been dead/inactive for 5 years in gaming and I see no plans for twyst/law, Gundorf or anyone to step up and devote the time to rekindle it.

barbos
Cock Clown

Postby barbos » Wed Aug 13, 2008 5:31 pm

I agree a guild name means nothing. I could've cared less if you picked ass jammers reunited. Since noone wants to lead BWC, that's fine if it just dies a horrible death. :(

However, a story about BWC's history was written and submitted for a chance to get a guild invitation. We were eventually given a small number of invites because of that.

Since most of us wouldn't have even been in beta if it weren't for Elfdropper's (who's in BWC) submission about BWC's history and therefore receiving the BWC guild invites, it just seems in bad taste to just take all that and roll as something else (regardless of name).

Elf could've kept all the keys and gave him to his RL friends or a new guild he created, or even wiped his ass on them and let them bake in the sun. Same scenario.... He could've done it, no harm, no foul. IMO, it's just wrong.

It doesn't really matter though. What's done is done. At the end of the day it doesn't make one bit of difference.

I'm just surprised no one else seems to see this as well.

:lookround:

Tingtong
Ass Jammer

Postby Tingtong » Wed Aug 13, 2008 5:35 pm

Candide wrote:
barbos wrote: Several keys were never eligible to be used because mythic never sent the invites (probably system specs?)

Off topic, but this pisses me off. I know MOsthula got a key that doesn't work. His system blows mine away. They basically just shrugged their shoulders and said "oh well". He asked to release the key or give a new one, and they said no.

Yup same thing happened to casper and funk.

Hall
The Bionic Puerto Rican

Postby Hall » Wed Aug 13, 2008 5:40 pm

barbos wrote:I agree a guild name means nothing. I could've cared less if you picked ass jammers reunited. Since noone wants to lead BWC, that's fine if it just dies a horrible death. :(

However, a story about BWC's history was written and submitted for a chance to get a guild invitation. We were eventually given a small number of invites because of that.

Since most of us wouldn't have even been in beta if it weren't for Elfdropper's (who's in BWC) submission about BWC's history and therefore receiving the BWC guild invites, it just seems in bad taste to just take all that and roll as something else (regardless of name).

Elf could've kept all the keys and gave him to his RL friends or a new guild he created, or even wiped his ass on them and let them bake in the sun. Same scenario.... He could've done it, no harm, no foul. IMO, it's just wrong.

It doesn't really matter though. What's done is done. At the end of the day it doesn't make one bit of difference.

That looks to be the case unfortunatly.

And Ting you also got to remember the last game we where all together in force was Original Daoc.

WoW was a cluster fuck.
Daox turned into a clusterfuck.
AoC was filled with fail.
and inbetween that there where some random shitty games with few folks here and there.

I was under the assumption the gang would reup for a real game with some staying power, under the old name. But I assumed incorrectly so /shrug.

Oh well, so whatever combination of people that are left be it fail or bwc etc. Drop us a line here or pm. Id like to play on the same server on the same faction for a change.
[glow=blue]
A WoW Nerd, A DaOC Reject
and a sociopath[/glow]

[glow=blue]"Fucking Doughnut!!!!!, Mock Me??,You Fried Cyclops"[/glow]

Tingtong
Ass Jammer

Postby Tingtong » Wed Aug 13, 2008 5:51 pm

yea we will for sure keep you in the loop, your always welcome to join us as well regardless of what has played out in the past. I could always use solid players and I know you and your group bring the A game to the table all the time.

Nilbert500
Ass Jammer

Postby Nilbert500 » Wed Aug 13, 2008 6:02 pm

barbos wrote:I agree a guild name means nothing. I could've cared less if you picked ass jammers reunited. Since noone wants to lead BWC, that's fine if it just dies a horrible death. :(

I understood and agree with what you mean. The problem is the people willing to put in the work to run the guild don't want that, so it's best to just roll with the new name. Also keep in mind if we went BWC we'd end up having to recruit a lot people anyways, thus it wouldn't end up being daoc bwc ppl anyways. Either way it doesn't matter to me, I don't think I'll be playing warhammer anyways. As I don't play mmos during college, have to focus on more important things like beer and bitches. I might play during winter break, or next summer (I'll be shocked if people stay in an mmo that long :P )
Rift: Seastone = Defiant (Nilbert)
Formally known as Nipples

Sectoid
Pathetic Chode

Postby Sectoid » Wed Aug 13, 2008 8:03 pm

Candide wrote:Off topic, but this pisses me off. I know MOsthula got a key that doesn't work. His system blows mine away. They basically just shrugged their shoulders and said "oh well". He asked to release the key or give a new one, and they said no.

Also OT but, A rep from Mythic said that their system they use to rank people on eligibility has trouble with computer specs that are really new, so if he has components that just recently came out, that could be the reason he wasn't invited.

They said they would update the system to try and get it more up to date in a bit.
Kandar/Hamback

barbos
Cock Clown

Postby barbos » Wed Aug 13, 2008 8:25 pm

I guess I lucked out... my PC was like 1 week old when I signed up :onfire:

Elfdroper Gravelender
Stoned Out Hippy

Postby Elfdroper Gravelender » Thu Aug 14, 2008 11:05 am

:toothy10: LoL I missed so much while I was on vacation. Well amongst all this the important thing to remember is that this discussion amongst ourselves with everyone open to give their opinions is what makes us a solid group. This is what has kept us together for the last however many years playing games together.

Two other things, I am pissed about some beta keys getting denied and be sure I let it be heard by Mythic. That being said it's beta and whatcha gonna do:p

The other thing is realm choice. Honetly just as I think Candide said you can't really get a good sense of realm population pre-release. The people who pick up on the game a week before release will most likely be the majority and they do not represent the fan base following the game now so.

To me I think it will be alot more even than WoW but I do think Order will be slightly overpopulated. I have mixxed feelings about running both and order and Destro side. For one I myself want if merely for the fact that I can play the few classes on the order side that look fun. But unfortunately I think it does tend to split the forces so to speak and if we want to have a very strong front we wouldn't want that.

Just a thought as I write, perhaps we could start on one side with everyone and get estalished, then a month or so down the road once the game settles a bity start a guild on the other side for alts and what not. just throwing that out there.

Anyway good to be back and I'll catch up with peeps on vent sometime today. :toothy10:
Gravelender AKA Elfdropper

Absorb what is useful, Discard what is not, Add what is uniquely your own.
-Bruce Lee

Jahman the blueberry Shaman - Dragonblight
Elfdroper - Merlin
Torch - Heretic Lamorak

Tingtong
Ass Jammer

Postby Tingtong » Thu Aug 14, 2008 1:23 pm

vote is up on the forums for CB players. we will have a final vote after OB incase some people waffle.

http://epicfail.barbos.net/forums/viewt ... f=72&t=607

Elfdroper Gravelender
Stoned Out Hippy

Postby Elfdroper Gravelender » Thu Aug 14, 2008 1:41 pm

:toothy10: Ting I apparently don't have access to CB forums there, pleases fix!

Also whatsup with vent? :toothy10:
Gravelender AKA Elfdropper

Absorb what is useful, Discard what is not, Add what is uniquely your own.
-Bruce Lee

Jahman the blueberry Shaman - Dragonblight

Elfdroper - Merlin

Torch - Heretic Lamorak

Tingtong
Ass Jammer

Postby Tingtong » Thu Aug 14, 2008 2:36 pm

Access done

be sure to check out the sticky in the WAR forums for the vent info, we are using another vent server for our WAR/WoW Chapters.

Return to “Public Discussion”