WaR Order or Chaos

The place for discussions, thoughts, ideas, or even mindless chatter. Everyone is welcome.
Hall
The Bionic Puerto Rican

WaR Order or Chaos

Postby Hall » Tue Aug 05, 2008 12:00 pm

Bored and seeing how most of you are finally in beta which do you prefer. From my point of view I'm thinking Destruction simply because they look like the type to take your lunch money and sock your momma in the face.

A buddy brought up a good point , how many 15 year old scumbags are going to ZOMG DESTRO RAWKZ and mouthbreath there way unto destro thereby fucking it up for the rest of us.

Then there is Order aka Albion 2009. They have 2 tanks, 1 is about 3 feet tall, and the other wears a motherfucking dress. Now some are calling Order The Underdog simply because on the badassery scale they rank a 3 right below Michael Bolton who gets a 4 1/2, he gets a 1/2 because he rocks a Saxaphone, and we all know Saxes are bad fucking ass.

Now the problem with order is it looks like its going to be filled with Casual Keyboard turning scumbags, and all those poor fellas/Guilds who get talked into playing the "Pretty Class" Because face it. Female Gamers are a big part of MMO's and the only Female Toon on Destro that will not piss off a Fem gamer is The Zealot and Magus. Only because Zealots are somewhat covered up. There other choices are either a half nekkid rogue, or a half nekkid destro lock. Now I know some of you are saying, thats crazy Hall Fem gamers will just rock a Male toon. I say FALSE, granted there are many who are gender ambiguous are still many more who aren't. So yea which side you fucks choosing cuz im having a pickle of a time deciding.
[glow=blue]
A WoW Nerd, A DaOC Reject
and a sociopath[/glow]

[glow=blue]"Fucking Doughnut!!!!!, Mock Me??,You Fried Cyclops"[/glow]

Zeratulx
Pathetic Chode

Postby Zeratulx » Tue Aug 05, 2008 12:06 pm

This has yet to be decided as we are still testing.
DAOC - WoW - AoC - WAR - Aion - Rift - GW - SW:TOR - GW2

Zera Targaryen - 80 Mesmer
Zera Giantsbane - 80 Thief
Zera Plaguewind - 80 Necro

Candide
Tripped Off the Short Bus

Postby Candide » Tue Aug 05, 2008 12:35 pm

Dude. Your meds. Take em.
Venderic, Candide or Mercutio in games.

Candide

Postby Candide » Tue Aug 05, 2008 12:42 pm

To answer, it's hard to say. About the female thing, Saph is pretty ticked about playing destro because the only characters not ugly are melee (don't mention sorceress, that would bring logic and facts into a female argument, where we all know they don't belong). She much prefers order, hehe.

Frankly I don't care. Since some of the pvp is scenario based and thus queue times come into play, the under populated side has appeal. But which side will that be? No way you can guess based on polls, as only a small fraction (typically the slightly more hard core/power gamer) read those. Same with beta's. Even if you did, you have 2 servers, 1 has more order, the other more destro. So that doesn't answer a lot.

Could compare it to WoW, where Alliance tended to have more, but that wasn't a sure thing even. So could be luck of the server selection.

As it stands, I'm either going to be a Shammy on Destro or Archmage on order, I think. I like the play style of caster/healer.

Hall
The Bionic Puerto Rican

Postby Hall » Tue Aug 05, 2008 12:59 pm

I just never understood why they didnt add more female toons for destro. Some folks say its Gameworks IP. But in there lore there is plenty of loopholes. Others say Mythic couldnt get Destro female toons down properly etc.

I guess we will never know, I will say its pretty stupid on there part.
[glow=blue]

and a sociopath[/glow]

Candide

Postby Candide » Tue Aug 05, 2008 1:26 pm

Yeah, she hates the zealot as the chick runs around like some humpback of notre dame. She might have played the squig hunter, but greenskins (and dwarves) are "ugly". She hates melee.

So that narrows it down to like 4-5 classes she could play across both sides hehe.

Obviously not all female gamers feel that way, but an awful lot of them do. Like ya said, seems like a dumb marketing decision (still say it was a large reason why Horde was underpopulated).

Hall
The Bionic Puerto Rican

Postby Hall » Tue Aug 05, 2008 1:30 pm

I guess at 1st but now horde has gay Blood Elves. And theres ALOT of them running around.
[glow=blue]

and a sociopath[/glow]

Twystyd
A Salty Surprise

Postby Twystyd » Tue Aug 05, 2008 2:35 pm

I know Sofiya is also a little pissed about there not being female greenskins. We have been playing around with destro 6 man set ups the last several days. So far 2-3 Chosen, 1-2 Black Orc, 1 Zealot and 1 Shaman seems to be the way to go for an assist chain. With all the pre kiting healers have to do in this game the armor really pays off. We have played the shit out of Destro and now are on Warrior Priest, Iron Breaker, Sword Master Order setups on Warpstone. Were just trying everything out atm. They realy need to increase dps on the squig herders imo to make viable snipe squads.
Although detractors decry (MMA) as a brutal, bloody form of human cockfighting, aficionados know it is a brutal, bloody, totally fucking awesome form of human cockfighting. -The Onion

I don't know the question, but sex is definitely the answer. -Woody Allen

Hall
The Bionic Puerto Rican

Postby Hall » Tue Aug 05, 2008 2:50 pm

I wouldnt get used to Chosen setups, they will be getting normalized, or IB and SM will be getting bumped. Probably the 1st one knowing mythic. For Green Skins, Orks are according to Lore non sexed based, sure they sound like angry soccer fans, but they where borne from mushrooms.

So get tell her that Orks are just really butchy women.

:biggrin:
[glow=blue]

and a sociopath[/glow]

Sectoid
Pathetic Chode

Postby Sectoid » Tue Aug 05, 2008 4:21 pm

I'm certain, just like WoW, there will be a fair mix of server pop differences. Some will be overpopulated with Order, some with Destruction, it'll just have to be looked at server by server IMO. One thing is for sure after playing on Tyrion, low pop servers blow nuts and I'm staying far away from them.
Kandar/Hamback

Twystyd
A Salty Surprise

Postby Twystyd » Tue Aug 05, 2008 5:19 pm

For sure Tyrion sucks balls. Warpstone queues are much better. It seems when guild beta's opened up every newb in it rolled on Warp. They need to close that server off to balance the population perhaps.

About group makeups. Untill they balance the laughable roflresistslololaz in this game and actually give casters CC the game is going to be an assist train game. You heard it here first. It really doesn't matter to me what they do. The game's combat is slow enough it will attract a lot of shitty players to farm but I'm really enjoying it in good groups. Chubz, Kazz, Nailzz, Ting, Affrix and I were farming groups at rank 4-5.
Although detractors decry (MMA) as a brutal, bloody form of human cockfighting, aficionados know it is a brutal, bloody, totally fucking awesome form of human cockfighting. -The Onion

Sectoid
Pathetic Chode

Postby Sectoid » Tue Aug 05, 2008 5:39 pm

Yeah it's pretty sad when my level 5 witch elf is out damaging people at level cap almost every game. Casters are pretty much free rp at low levels especially.
Kandar/Hamback

Twystyd
A Salty Surprise

Postby Twystyd » Tue Aug 05, 2008 5:58 pm

Moved to the DoG for NDA purposes.

Bulor
Ass Jammer

Postby Bulor » Tue Aug 05, 2008 6:11 pm

you guys are still playing on the crapy server?

warpzone is where it is at!.

i really hate Order, the entire Dorf race is a bore. Highelf starting quest just pissed me off. And empire.. well.. everyone looks gay.

i'm possibly going to be playing a Sorc on release. and have a marauder as a 2ndary.. they have some great spamable CoE that murders all.
DAOC-SOLD
Lieph (heal)/ Sapporo & Djur(Sham)/ Qute & Brail(SBs)/ Bulor (war)/ Blackroc (ska)/ Antigun & Antigunn (SMs)
WOW-SOLD
Lieph (Warlock) / Vexi (Hunter)
WAR- CLOSED BETA!

Twystyd
A Salty Surprise

Postby Twystyd » Tue Aug 05, 2008 6:25 pm

you guys are still playing on the crapy server?

Yea bro, we just have too much time invested there. Level 28ish toons for some, Reknown 6 geared twinks, guild rank 13 and too many members to move.

Return to “Public Discussion”