What's going on with Vanguard?

The place for discussions, thoughts, ideas, or even mindless chatter. Everyone is welcome.
SuperHelix
A Salty Surprise

What's going on with Vanguard?

Postby SuperHelix » Sat Dec 16, 2006 12:37 pm

Anyone?
Gundorf the uber

Rhiandra Rangnar
Donkey Fucker

Postby Rhiandra Rangnar » Tue Dec 19, 2006 11:33 am

I got invited to test this game, but it just doesnt excite me enough to put in any effort.

:(

I really wish something would come out that would get us all back together as a guild.
Rhiandra Rangnar
EQ ----> DAoC ----> WoW ----> boredom
[fade]Over 1 million mezzed and counting .........[/fade]

My candle burns at both ends;
It will not last the night;
But ah, my foes, and oh, my friends -
It gives a lovely light!

Candide
Tripped Off the Short Bus

Postby Candide » Wed Dec 20, 2006 10:03 am

Still say it will be AoC. Most appealing looking game of all out there IMO. All depends on what is delivered vs promissed. WAR video's look like DAoC style combat in a new environment. BORING. I don't want autoattack + specials anymore. Something more interactive and fun.
Venderic, Candide or Mercutio in games.

Nilbert500
Ass Jammer

Postby Nilbert500 » Wed Dec 20, 2006 1:42 pm

I'm done with mmo's unless I lose my social life at some point.
Rift: Seastone = Defiant (Nilbert)
Formally known as Nipples

Zoidmeister
Donkey Fucker

Postby Zoidmeister » Wed Dec 27, 2006 11:05 am

No response yet for our VSOH guild application that I made.

Each person that registered on VSOH boards has an individual shot of being called up for beta as well anytime.

So we are in wait mode.

Tingtong
Ass Jammer

Postby Tingtong » Wed Dec 27, 2006 6:04 pm

Again lots of people that I talked to said that this was "THE" PVE Raiding game. But my beta app has been in WELL over a year and they are keeping a tight lid on everything.

Seems like you have to be a friend of a friend to get in atm. I'm enjoying raiding in WOW so they will have to really wow me to get me to switch over.

They wait too long and I'll have no interest in buying their game to "Try out" With multiple mmo's competing for my buck I won't just commit to a game without knowing exactly what mechanics, and development progression they are in. Sounds complicated to most people but my schedule is pretty busy and I can only commit to 1 raiding game at a time and I have no interest in wasting my time in a piece of shit underdeveloped "promise the world" type of game. /rant off hehe..

Candide
Tripped Off the Short Bus

Postby Candide » Fri Dec 29, 2006 10:30 am

""THE" PVE Raiding "

That pretty much answers it for me, no thanks. I find raiding mindnumbingly dull. More then 10-15 people required for an instance just causes me to lose all interest.

I'm hoping the 25 mans in wow will be better. I really wish it was 15 or 20 man tho.
Venderic, Candide or Mercutio in games.

Twystyd
A Salty Surprise

Postby Twystyd » Fri Dec 29, 2006 7:21 pm

Raiding does get old fast. In 40 man instances you can pretty much just AF the trash pulls and the play is so slow. I like the smaller caps which forces each member to perform as they matter that much more. Each instance can be fun for the first few times but that is about it, although AQ40 was boring right off the bat IMO.
Although detractors decry (MMA) as a brutal, bloody form of human cockfighting, aficionados know it is a brutal, bloody, totally fucking awesome form of human cockfighting. -The Onion

I don't know the question, but sex is definitely the answer. -Woody Allen

Phineas
Proud Defender of the 19th Hole

Postby Phineas » Mon Jun 18, 2007 12:37 pm

In case anyone wants an update, I'm actually playing Vanguard. It's still pretty buggy but it has a lot of potential imo.

I went against type and played a Rogue and it's fun when I can get groups. Unfortunately soloing sucks ass with the class.

There still is no High-end content, so I'm content to fart around and level at my own pace.

I'm level 31 atm and am playing on Thunderaxe, I think. Name is Filbert.

Return to “Public Discussion”