Time of your life.

The place for discussions, thoughts, ideas, or even mindless chatter. Everyone is welcome.
Zeris
Oversized Douche Bag

Re: Time of your life.

Postby Zeris » Wed Aug 07, 2002 7:54 pm

I myself do believe in religion, but I haven't adapted to a domination, because I have not studied all the dominations and see which one fits me (and my beliefs best). Most just choose the faith they were raised.

That sounds so wrong to me. It makes me think you're "shopping around" for the right faith. but it makes me wonder if you're then assuming that all of the faiths out there are somehow justified beyond normal human means and are thus "right", but may or may not fit you. It's like you're shopping for the outfit you like best, because you assume these outfits are somehow better. You can make your own outfit, define your own faith, and not dillydally in each religion's particular fictitious tales. Decide how the world works from your perspective... chances are the people who developed these faiths were just like you, and were no more "qualified" to create anything.

I think religion, especially christianity in America, is a family tradition and is perpetuated only because parents inflict it on their children. For many people, it does no harm, because they are stupid and would be worse off with no "faith" at all, if you will... granted, a secular but more enlightened view would benefit them more, but christianity works just fine, because of the logistics of trying to get 280 million to understand how life really works are pretty bad. But there are too many people out there with a lot of potential that get inhibited by religion that has been passed down from generations. They could do much more than they do, but they have been raised from birth to restrict themselves according to their religion. It's sad and it makes the world a much lonlier place for people smart and lucky enough to live in a secular and enlightened mindset.
markov|[shadow=red][glow=red]Terran Republic[/glow][/shadow]|zeris

Zeris
Oversized Douche Bag

Postby Zeris » Wed Aug 07, 2002 7:57 pm

and thus I hate those dirty fucking catholics.

just kidding, they only irritate me a little...
markov|[shadow=red][glow=red]Terran Republic[/glow][/shadow]|zeris

barbos
Cock Clown

Postby barbos » Wed Aug 07, 2002 8:01 pm

I never said I would limit myself to one (or even come to a decision), I just stated my reasons for not choosing one as of now.

I certainly believe "shopping" around is better than just accepting it blindly

Xzean
Ub3r Albino Board Troll

Postby Xzean » Thu Aug 08, 2002 2:57 pm

I love all you guys, heh.

I have many more "essays" like this, if anyone cares to read them, I will post them.
~ Sean Massaro, Role Play Fanatic and Meglomaniac Poet.

barbos
Cock Clown

Postby barbos » Thu Aug 08, 2002 6:12 pm

I don't mind reading them, but I prefer more to the point than wordy and lengthy. (ie non-fat creamer) :D

Return to “Public Discussion”